Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Performances

Spring performance season is almost here! My school is performing an Easter ballet on March 31st, with two performances. Considering our humble beginnings, I cannot believe how much the school has grown in the little time of its existence. The ballet is called “Messiah” and is about the ministry of Jesus on earth, His passion, His death, and His resurrection. The style is contemporary/jazzy, and I’ve been enjoying the total emersion in this fun style. I was cast in a super contemporary duet and trio, which surprises me because I’ve always pictured myself as a Swan-Lake-bun-head-snobbish ballerina. ;) Let me tell you, I’ve developed an immense appreciation for the style. I was surprised how much coordination the isolations, contractions, and cardio-demanding moves require. And floor work! Melting down to the floor smoothly is NOT as easy as it looks. On another note, my knee started acting up on Saturday, so I’ve been icing and resting it. What is your school doing for spring? I wish you the best of luck at all of your performances!

Happy Dancing!
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely people