Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Just a Puzzle


        Lately I’ve been thinking about WHY I like to dance. Deformed toenails, raw blisters, pinched nerves(in my case), and no life on Saturdays could never keep me away, nor will it ever. For a perfectionist like myself, I’ve also come to realize that ballet is not about being perfect, but about achieving excellence. I have that perfect picture in my head of what I’m striving for; sometimes I get so close, or fall completely flat. The other day, my teacher presented the analogy that ballet is like trying to get that little metal ball through the maze to the goal at the end:




         Sometimes it’s so frustrating, but we keep coming back and trying again! It’s addicting, right? I thought the analogy fit so well.  
I hope this summer that you all have been getting closer and closer to your “goal” whatever it may be. Honestly, my summer didn’t go how I planned or wanted, but it’s been good for me. I figured out what was wrong with my hip! Because of some obscure weak little muscle, the joint was partially dislocating and putting strain on my hamstring. So I’ve been strengthening and stretching and it feels so much better. 

Happy Dancing!
Theresa    

1 comment:

  1. As someone with little experience in ballet (just a bit when I was little haha!), I found this post to be very interesting and enlightening. I think that ballerinas really are artists of movement. :) Keep up the awesome work!

    BTW, happy to hear that you found out what was up with your hip! :) I will pray for continued healing!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely people